EM Media is an independent development agency working predominantly in the creative digital sector. We raise finance from a range of public and private sources to invest in creative digital companies to achieve the long-term growth and maturity of the sector. Alongside the creation of our high profile investment portfolio we provide essential support services to our clients and play a key role in brokering relationships for our clients with industry.
Since 2002, from our Nottingham base, EM Media has successfully pursued a ground-breaking and progressive agenda; playing an essential role in the transformation of the profile, reputation and impact of filmmaking and content creation made locally for the global market. EM Media’s entrepreneurial approach and key interventions have directly driven creative excellence, innovation within the cultural infrastructure and across the supply chain achieving significant economic growth. To date EM Media’s successes include:
• £179m economic benefit has been generated for the region’s economy
• 42 films have been co-financed by EM Media, from Anton Corbijn's Control and Shane Meadows' This Is England to Paddy Considine's Tyrannosaur and Jim Loach's Oranges And Sunshine
• EM Media-backed feature films have achieved international acclaim and won prestigious accolades, including 5 BAFTAs, 3 BAFTA Scotland Awards, 10 BIFAs, 3 Michael Powell awards and over 30 international film festival awards
• 9 video games have been co-financed and released to the global market
• 45 active film projects in development
• 100 high quality short films have been completed launching the careers of the region’s brightest new filmmaking talent
See EM Media's full investment portfolio by downloading it here.
EM Media works in partnership with a range of organisations at a local, regional and national level including Local Authorities and Creative England.
Find out more about Creative England here
EM Media regularly publishes documents demonstrating our economic achievements and the creative investments that contribute to our national and international reputation.
Read about recent successes by clicking on the corresponding buttons to the right.
You can also download the full list of EM Media investments made in 2009/10 HERE (PDF).